Standard Chartered Card Account :
Standard Chartered Bank had started its journey in Malaysia way back in 1875, when their first business branch got started at Beach Street, Penang, Malaysia listing them as the nation’s first and oldest bank. Standard Chartered Bank, Malaysia Berhad was locally incorporated on 29th February 1984. The organization has an employee strength of over 7,000 individuals involved in their activities all across the country which also incorporates their worldwide common service hub Standard Chartered Global Business Services (which was previously known as Scope International). The Bank has its headquarter settled at Equatorial Plaza in the core of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
In the year 2008, the organization had started up the first and the solitary Islamic Banking subsidiary within the group’s network. Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad, offers a thorough scope of Syariah acquiescent solutions via their modern digital empowered branches along with Islamic Banking windows at all Standard Chartered branches in Malaysia. In 2012, the Standard Chartered Bank has recognized Kuala Lumpur as their worldwide hub point for Islamic Retail Banking, as well as the Standard Chartered Saadiq Bank, also playing a major part in supporting global Islamic financing corridors.
Standard Chartered Bank, provides an extensive scope of monetary products and services to people along with the corporates sector and has developed deepened associations with corporates by supporting their worldwide extension in the financial markets. In the past few years, the bank had also set up associations with public sector businesses and with the sovereign wealth fund clients, to give the banking business a solid foundation.
The Bank has always led the route through sustainability initiatives, financial product advancement, and persistent and strong growth performance. The Bank serves a comprehensive range of monetary items and services including Commercial and Institutional Banking for people, Islamic and Corporate, Retail, Medium, and Small-sized ventures, along with Corporates and various Organizations.
For their outstanding service and performance the Standard Chartered, Malaysia has achieved numerous Awards and Honours till now some of the achievements are: Malaysian e-Payments Excellence Awards 2020 for the Best Direct Debit Bank in Malaysia. Best Social Media Marketing Initiative & Best Mass Affluent Banking Offering, and Best Islamic Retail Bank in Malaysia, at the Global Retail Banking Innovation Awards 2020. For the 4th (fourth) consecutive year, Standard Chartered Saadiq Bank got the Best Islamic Digital Bank in Malaysia in 2020 by Global Finance. And last but not least Best Mobile Banking Application and Best Use of Technology in Wealth Management, along with Excellent Wealth Management Service for the Affluent at the Global Private Banking Innovation Awards 2020.
Activate your Standard Chartered (SCB) Bank Debit Card :
To Activate the Standard Chartered Debit Card before usage, follow on with the below steps:
- Firstly, visit the main official website of Standard Chartered Bank, Malaysia.
- Or else you can directly click on the link given www.sc.com/my.
- Then get “Log In” to your account.
- After that, move the cursor (mouse pointer) to click on the “Card Activation”, or go to the www.sc.com/retail/servicerequest/cards/activation/card-activation.html page.
- On the next page check the “ATM/Debit Card”box and click on the “Next”
- Now on the Debit Card Activation page, enter your “16-Digit Card Number” and “Name on Card” (optional) and click on the “Submit” tab below.
- Here you will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your phone, which you have to put on the “Pass Code” (OTP) box on the webpage and click on the “Confirm” button to finish.
Please Note: To finish this process your mobile number will be required. In any case, if you face any problem please contact the Standard Chartered Bank’s 24-hour Customer Care Hotline number at 1300 -888 -888 (Within Malaysia) and (603) -7711 -8888 (for Calling from Overseas).
How to Log In for the Standard Chartered Bank Debit Card:
To Log In for the Standard Chartered Bank Debit Card, on the home of the official website, tap on the “LOG IN” option. Now on the next page put your “Username” and tap on the “NEXT” button and follow the on-screen guidelines.
Please Note: Presently, as a Cyber Security enhancement feature, you will be needed a Security Phrase and Security Image before getting logging into your Online Banking account.
How to get Registered for the Standard Chartered Bank Debit Card:
To get Registered for the Standard Chartered Bank Debit Card, go with the guidelines below:
Things you will require before Registration:
- A smartphone number that is already registered with the Standard Chartered bank.
- You will require the number to receive a Password.
- Your Debit Card and PIN.
- Go to the Sign In to Online Banking page following the Sign-In process.
- Here scroll downwards to find the option “Register with your Debit or Credit Card”.
- On the next page check on the “I agree …. Terms & Conditions” box and click the “Accept” tab below.
- Now on the Accounts / Enter details webpage, select the “ATM / Debit Card Number” option and enter your “Card Number” and “PIN”.
- Then, tap on the “NEXT” button and follow on the on-screen guidelines.
How to create a new 6-Digit PIN using ATM:
- Visit a Standard Chartered Bank ATM outlet and insert your Debit Card into ATM.
- Now you have to enter the “Personal Identification Number” (PIN) on the screen.
- Then choose the “Change PIN” option and enter your new “6-Digit PIN” as per your choice.
How to create a new 6-Digit PIN via Online:
- First, “Log In” to the Standard Chartered Bank Online Banking web portal or using the SC Mobile Application.
- Select and click on the “Help & Services” option link.
- Now under the “Card Management” section, tap on the “Debit / ATM Card PIN Change”.
- Then select the “Card” and enter your newly chosen “6-Digit PIN” code number.
- Here you will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your phone number, which you have to put it on the “Pass Code” (OTP) box on the webpage and click on the “Confirm” button to finish.
All About Standard Chartered Debit Card (MY):
This Standard Chartered Bank Debit Card is a payment instrument that permits you to make payments for products and services from your bank deposit account at participating service and retail outlets. You will have to maintain a deposit account with Standard Chartered Bank, to be linked to your debit card. The debit card comes with an ATM function for customers to withdraw cash from the deposited account that is linked to it. The Standard Chartered Debit Card generally comes with a My Debit Contactless Application which permits you to make cashless transactions at My Debit terminals and outlets for transactions below RM250.
The Standard Chartered offers 4 (four) types of Debit Cards for their customers. Those are:
- Master Card Debit Card (Available to all Personal Banking Customers)
- Standard Chartered Liverpool FC Master Card Debit Card (Available only to Personal Banking Customers)
- Priority Banking Visa Platinum Debit Card (Available for Priority Banking Customers)
- Business Master Card Debit Card (Available for Business Banking Customers)
Transaction in Foreign Currency:
You can make transactions in a currency other than Ringgit Malaysia, which will be converted to the exchange set on by Master Card Worldwide / Visa International / Bank and with such charges, fees, and commission, as set on determined by MasterCard Worldwide / Visa International on the date the transaction, is processed.
The Standard Chartered Bank will charge an administration fee of 1% on the amount transacted overseas or transacted in foreign currency with Visa Debit Card and / or Master Card Debit Card.
Pre-Authorisation for payment using Debit Card:
A pre-authorized amount will be charged to your linked deposit account of RM200 (“Pre-Authorisation Amount”) when you make a payment utilizing your Standard Chartered Debit Card at any automated fuel dispenser across the country. The Bank will post the exact amount of the transaction only and will release any kind of extra amount on hold from your account within 3 (three) business days after the transaction date. Furthermore, you may also select to make a payment with your Debit Card at the cashier to avoid the hold on the Pre-Authorisation Amount.
Rates and Interests (For Personal and Business Banking):
- New Card Insurance Fee – 00
- Annual Fee – RM8.00
- Replacement of Card due to Damage / Lost / PIN Block – RM8.00
- Replacement of Faulty Card (Newly Issued) – Free
- HOUSe Network Withdrawal (Per Transaction) – RM1.00
- HOUSe Network Balance Enquiry – Free
- MEPS Shared ATM Network Withdrawal (Per Transaction) – RM1.00
- MEPS Shared ATM Network Balance Enquiry – Free
- Overseas Cash Withdrawal – RM12.00
- MEPS IBFT Instant Fund Transfer Via SCB ATM – No Charge
Rates and Interests (For Priority Banking):
- HOUSe Network Withdrawal (Per Transaction) – RM1.00
- MEPS Shared ATM Network Withdrawal (Per Transaction) – RM1.00
- All other Rates and Interests (Only for Priority Banking) – Free
If you have failed to fulfill your Obligation for Standard Chartered Debit Card (MY):
You must have to take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss of your Standard Chartered Bank Debit Card. You will be solely responsible to safeguard and keep your Debit Card and never disclose the Personal Details or Personal Identification Number (PIN) of your debit card to anyone. If there is a PIN-based unauthorized transaction or any kind of unauthorized transactions where a signature verification or with a contactless card is needed you will be held responsible for if you have:
- A Fraudulent Act by you.
- If you have delayed in notifying the Standard Chartered Bank Debit Card authorities as soon as you have found that your card is lost or stolen or any kind of unauthorized use of your debit card.
- In any case, if you have voluntarily disclosed your Personal Identification Number (PIN) or any personal details of Debit Card to another person.
- In any circumstances, you have recorded your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the Debit Card, or on anything which has been kept in close proximity with your Debit Card.
- You have carelessly left your Standard Chartered Bank Debit Card unattended, kept in a wallet, handbag, or whether by itself, etc. in such places that are easily visible or accessible to others.
- In any situation, if you have voluntarily or in a friendly gesture allowed any another person to use your debit card.
What to do if the Debit Card is Lost, Stolen, or Misused:
In any circumstances, if your Standard Chartered Bank Debit Card has been stolen or lost, or misused. Firstly, you should be more careful to safeguard your Debit Card, Personal Information, and Personal Identification Number (PIN), and never disclose the card details or PIN to other people. In case your Debit Card is stolen or lost or if you get to know or suspect that your card has been misused, then you should immediately inform or notify the Standard Chartered Bank by going to their Online Banking or SC Mobile Application services, or through Calling at 1300 -888 -888 (Within Malaysia) and 603 -7711 -8888 (for Calling from Overseas) immediately.
For Business Banking customers, please contact the Standard Chartered Bank at 1300 -888 -111 (Within Malaysia) and 603 -7718 -9733 (for Calling from Overseas). You are advised not to utilize your Identity Card Number, Date of Birth (DOB), or Mobile Number as your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to reduce the unauthorized or fraudulent activity of your Debit Card in case your card is misused or lost, or stolen.
Make use of receiving the defaulted SMS transaction alerts on your phone. To personalize your SMS alerts facility, please visit the website and Log In to your Online Banking account. If you make any changes to the alerts system always be reminded of the risks associated. Please make it ensure all your transactions listed in your account statement are correct in nature. Please inform the Standard Chartered Bank of any dissimilarity you have noticed in your account statement within 30 days from the statement date.
How to Cancel your Standard Chartered Debit Card:
You have to proceed through Online Banking or SC Mobile under the “Help and Services” heading or to any Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad branch or Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad branch to cancel your Debit Card and close the linked bank account.
If you are a Business Banking customer, then kindly contact to the branch where your business account has been opened or call the Standard Chartered Business Banking Hotline at 1300 -888 -111 (within Malaysia) and 603 -7718 -9733 (for Overseas Clients).
How to Make Overseas and/or Online Transactions with Standard Chartered Debit Card:
To make the online purchase, overseas point-of-sales purchases, overseas ATM withdrawal, and mail-order-telephone-order transactions (when the “Card Not Present”), you are needed to go for the Card Not Present transaction process. You can access the process utilizing the Online or SC Mobile Application with these simple steps: First get Sign In > Select ‘’Help & Services” > Select ‘’Card Management” > Select ‘’Debit Card Settings”. Here you can access the Card Not Present transaction process.
Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
Equatorial Plaza Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Customer Care Services (Call): 1300 -888 -111 (within Malaysia) and 603 -7718 -9733 (for Overseas Clients)
Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad (Call): +6037 -711 -8888
Report a Lost or Stolen Card Hotline Number (Call): 1800 -88 -8998 / +603 -7849 -6888